bluesSHOUT! is a moment in time, a place, and a community celebrating blues dance, blues music, and blues culture.
bluesSHOUT! The People:
bluesSHOUT! Is a congregation of people who convene annually to share their love of the blues music, blues dance, and blues culture. We forge our own path to discovery and mastery of authentic blues dances as members of a diverse, high energy, and joyful community.
bluesSHOUT! The Place:
The bluesSHOUT! classroom, stage, and dance floor are the crossroads at which blues dancers from around the world can immerse themselves in learning, competition, and social dance. Here at bluesSHOUT!, your unique journey is recognized, acknowledged, and celebrated.
bluesSHOUT! The Purpose:
- bluesSHOUT! is community, even family. It is about connecting with the people and culture of the Blues.
- bluesSHOUT! is about preserving, learning, and embracing the dances of yesterday as well as taking a holistic approach to learning by integrating history, context, and culture.
- bluesSHOUT! provides an opportunity to experience the familiar, the unknown, and sometimes, the uncomfortable.
- bluesSHOUT! attendees leave invigorated and inspired, and take the love of blues wherever they go.
- Innovation, growth, creativity, and risk-taking
- Introspection, self-awareness, and humility
- Preservation, context, culture
bluesSHOUT! was originally created by Heidi Fite, Damon Stone, and Charlie Fuller, and our new mission grows from their vision.