"We tend to think of shouting in the standard English sense of referring to noisemaking, but it means a … way of moving the whole congregation, whether through vocal or movement vocabulary. ...Through moving together while playing apart, the entire universe is animated for the moment...” Roger Abrahams
bluesSHOUT! is a moment in time, a place, and a community celebrating blues dance, blues music, and blues culture. Blues dance includes historical and contemporary African American vernacular dances done to blues music. Our event provides classes, social dancing, and competition opportunities for attendees from all over the country and world. To learn more about what blueSHOUT! is, please read our mission statement on the About bluesSHOUT! page.
- 1/2 Past attendee email update went out via MailChimp (you can read it here) It may have gone to your Social or Promotions email inbox.
- 1/10 Registration is live! Full Weekend Passes will be available at this time; dance passes and a la carte class tickets will be available in a few weeks. Read the registration page for more details
- 1/31 After 5 and single day tickets are now available. Read the registration page for more details
- 2/17 We know that money is tight for many of you. For this reason, we have decided to keep open the regular weekend ticket prices through the end of registration. For more information you can read the email that we sent out on Monday morning here
- 2/18 Sara Cherny, Creative Director of bluesHOUT! was live on Facebook this evening. You can see what you had to say here
- 2/18 Check out our updated Safer Spaces Policy
- 3/7 A Notice Regarding Coronavirus. An update went out via Mailchimp today (you can read it here) . The event is still on, but we are monitoring the current situation in Chicago.
- 3/10 Notice of event cancellation. An official notice went out via Mailchimp today (you can read it here).
- 3/27 bluesSHOUT! 2020 has gone virtual!
- 4/1 No Jokes here, the schedule for bluesSHOUT! 2020 is LIVE