until bluesSHOUT! 2019
April 5-7, 2019, Chicago IL
Online registration is closed. If you need to make changes to your registration please email us.
"We tend to think of shouting in the standard English sense of referring to noisemaking, but it means a … way of moving the whole congregation, whether through vocal or movement vocabulary. ...Through moving together while playing apart, the entire universe is animated for the moment...” Roger Abrahams
bluesSHOUT! is an annual event that celebrates blues music, blues dance, and blues culture that has given rise to numerous diverse historical and contemporary African American vernacular dances. Our event provides classes, social dancing, and competition opportunities for attendees from all over the country and world.
- 10/21/18 Check out who is Teaching and DJ-ing at this year's event
- 11/2/18 New for this year - Open Nerd Hour. Currently accepting applications. Submissions are due 2/15/18
- 11/19/18 New for this year - Teacher training track. Open to all levels.
- 11/29/18 Updates to the competition rules, formats, and more.
- 12/17/18- Registration opens on January 11th at 5pm CST
- 12/17/18 - Venues have been posted
- 12/19/18 - **Announcement: Changes to performances at bluesSHOUT! 2019*** This year, bluesSHOUT! has commissioned specific performances to be presented at the event in April
- 12/24/18 - Rising Star Scholarship Winners have been selected.
- 12/24/18 - Registration Details have been posted!
- 12/26/18- All Star Qualifying Competitor list has been updated!
- 1/2/19- Updates to the Class Levels and Topics page are up
- 1/11/19- Registration is OPEN! Click here for details.
- 1/24/19 - Looking for a strictly partner? We can help. Check out the Strictly partner match sheet on google docs.
- 2/1/19 - After 5 passes are available! Click here for details
- 3/11/19 - Class descriptions are being added to the site! Click here for details.
- 3/11/19 - Single Day passes are available! Click here for details
- 3/13/19 - We have some great performances lined up for this year.Click here for details
- 3/14/19 - The Workshop schedule is up!
- 3/23/19 - Online registration is closed. Door prices are posted here.