In 2017, the bluesSHOUT! board decided to create an annual scholarship program in an effort to give back to local scenes. Staff are asked to to nominate someone who would benefit from a free pass to that year's event. We seek excited newbies, scene builders, and people with competitor/performer/teacher potential.
Each scholarship recipient is selected because of their love of blues dance and how they show their dedication as a member of the dance community.
bluesSHOUT! Rising Star Scholarship Recipients
- Kanda Faye - Boston, MA
- Paris Ashley - Philadelphia, PA
- Matthew (Mattias) Tsunami - San Francisco, CA
- Daniel Edens - Austin, TX
- Jonathan Henderson - DC/MD/VA
- Jeramy Garner - Austin, TX
- Illyana Runnels - Austin, TX
- Ellie Koepplinger- San Francisco and Glasgow, Scotland
- Jenn Martinez - Boston, MA
“I am not lucky. You know what I am? I am smart, I am talented, I take advantage of the opportunities that come my way and I work really, really hard. Don’t call me lucky. Call me a badass.” -Shonda Rhimes